What DOES CFGC Do For Our Chaplains?
- Meets the Endorsement requirements of Public Law for clergy to serve the government -- City, State, or Federal -- as well as healthcare institutions, correction facilities, law enforcement, and the workplace.
- Maintains a file -- kept current -- to continue the Endorsement(s) of each chaplain. [Some chaplains will be Chaplain Candidates, Reserve Chaplains, temporary Active Duty Chaplains, extended Active Duty Chaplains, and eventually hold Regular Chaplain status, as well as Retired/Recall Chaplain status until age 60. Each of these categories requires a separate Endorsement.]
- Safeguards Chaplains Status: CFGC maintains essential records in hard copy files and in computer files with database backup kept current every day stored in a separate secure location.
- Maintains membership (organizational and/or personal) in:
|National Conference on Ministry to the Armed Forces (NCMAF)
||Endorsers Conference for Veterans Affairs Chaplaincy (ECVAC)
|Chaplains Alliance for Religious Liberties (CALL)
||Association of Professional Chaplains (APC)
|Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE)
||American Correctional Chaplains Association (ACCA)
|National Institute of Business and Industrial Chaplains (NIBIC)
||Conference on Pentecostal/Charismatic Care and Counseling CPCCC)
|American Protestant Correctional Chaplains Association (APCCA)
||American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
|American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- Maintains regular liaison with US Chiefs of Chaplains: Army, Navy, Air Force, VA Hospitals, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and Federal Bureau of Investigation; as well as fifty states and other offices and agencies where CFGC has chaplains.
- Professionally and personally supports Endorsed/Certified Chaplains:
-Mentoring in the field of ministry endorsed for
-Regular mailings and newsletter
-Regular telephone contact each year as required;
-Visits annually and/or as required;
-Sponsors an annual conference for professional development, training, and renewal;
-Mailings of professional development books, tapes, and listings of ministry resources.
- Performs necessary career guidance, screening, (spiritual and criminal), interviewing, and provides recommendations for prospective chaplains and professional counselors to be considered for positions and professional credentials.
- Assists chaplains with career transitions and placements.
- We maintain the required contact with our coalition of churches and networks of churches necessary to officially represent 15 million "Like-Faith" church members to the Federal and State Governments, in addition to civilian Chaplaincy institutions. This is the basis of CFGC's having, and gaining chaplains.