ABOUT JESUS – THE NEXT STEPS
I JUST PRAYED. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Put most succinctly, love Him with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your strength, and treat and care for those you work and live around you the same way that you want them to treat you. Mark 12:30-31 (Short for the Gospel of Mark, Chapter 12, verses 30 and 31).
As for more specific tasks, you need to:
- Become a regular member of a good church and join a Bible study or a home fellowship. For help in finding a church, read the CBN article entitled, Choosing A Church.
- Ask God to help you find the place He wants for you. He will help you.
- Make friends with other Christians and spend time together. Christians need one another to grow in their faith and you are no exception.
- Just like anyone else, to know God, you are going to have to spend some time with Him. Read God’s Word, the Bible. Start with the “Good News” of Jesus in one of the Gospels, such as the Gospel of Mark. Spend time talking with Him, this is called “prayer.” He will answer you through recalled thoughts, the quiet voice of His Spirit within you, and Bible scriptures that he makes come “alive to you.”
- Tell others what Jesus has done for you. This is called sharing your faith.
- Read about the “Sacraments” of water Baptism and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
BE BAPTIZED IN WATER BY ANOTHER CHRISTIAN BELIEVER
Water baptism is the public act of saying you belong to Jesus and turning from your “old ways” to “His Way”. You can read about water baptism in Matthew 28:19, Romans 6:4, Acts 8:36-38.
ASK JESUS TO BAPTIZE YOU IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
When you became a Christian, you received His Spirit within you. The “baptism of the Holy Spirit” is an overflowing, an enablement, and an empowerment for God’s service. Read about the baptism of the Holy Spirit in Matthew 3:11, Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16, John 1:33, Acts 1:5,8, Acts 2:1-4,38, Acts 8:14-17, Acts 9:17-18, Acts 10:44-46, and Acts 19:1-6.8, Acts 2:1-4,38, Acts 8:14-17, Acts 9:17-18, Acts 10:44-46, and Acts 19:1-6.